wtorek, 11 listopada 2014

3 months in Budapest

I don't remember when was the last time I actually wrote sth, a note, a letter, or just simply anything...I guess 3 months ago more or less. Yes, let's come to the 'anniversary point', as I have been living in the city of Budapest for 3 months now. It's not exactly the same experience as previously living in Iceland or in Rome. It gets bitter , at times it leaves a sour taste, nevertheless can be sweet as well. Anyway I still don't feel comfortable , when asked about the reason for coming here (remains silent).

During those three months, I had been moving already thrice until I finally found a place of my own. It's an extremely cozy and nice apartment, which I share with two girls from France and Australia. It would have been everything fine, if it hadn't been for the hole in the ceiling on the way to the kitchen and toilet, that became a sort of dangerous zone. Just imagine I have to pass the way to see the man about the horse (such a weird English expression is that...) couple of times a day fearing that some debris will fall down on my head. And alll of this happened because of  our wonderful neighbours upstairs, who decided to change floors in their flat, but i guess somebody was drilling too hard and voila here it is a profound hole in the ceiling ...My landlord even joked we should be taking umbrella on the way to the toilet...I'll skip that though.. The only positive thing of this situation that the rent has been slighlty reduced.

Anyway the political situation gets pretty crazy here, and its seems that the goverment who appears as a very narrow-minded one, wants to confine freedom of Hungarians, for instance implementing taxes on internet use. The other thing is that the same  goverment is trying to forge firm relations with Russia. I'm so looking forward to going to Poland for a vacation. Plus Vienna in one and a half weeks. Sometimes I feel as if i was in Poland here - I mean I go to a supermarket and find products with Polish labels, so at least I understand what I purchase without learning Hungarian :P.

Oh i forgot I went paint balling with folks from my work. I don't think I was made for running around and shooting people, but apparently almost everyone liked to shoot me. Unfortunately the intimate zones of my body were suffering a lot. Still was a great dose of fun. Yeah I do have nice colleagues. Lucky me

                   Just for the record has anyone of you ever tried a selfish salmon?







Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz