środa, 15 czerwca 2016

PEOPLE OF PALERMO - IL BARONE



Everyday he stands there in front of his villa that has been renovated from his own funds. He is an inseparable element of Palermo's cityskape. He is tall , wearing a grayish jacket while his hair all covered in white. Nevertheless there is this fresh energy that he emits. The time has definitely stopped for him with the era of first mobile phones.

In fact as for an extremely rich person he carries rather an out fashioned cell phone in his pocket. Every now and then he whips it out  as it rings.

He welcomes tourists and encourages them to enter inside, probably in order to be admired for the effort he had put in to give a new life to the old, destroyed villa.

He approaches me and lifts my chin asking where is this beauty from. Scrutinizing me as if he was conducting researches about human race.

You have  Greek features - he underlines
Basically she looks like one of us - Mediterranean I would say - my friend chimes in
Anyway I'm Polish - i respond with a smudge of shame as I blush

Ahh Polish people are sophisticated. A wonderful nation indeed - his affirmation slowly evolves into a question.

Why don't you stay here and find an Italian boyfriend? Before I manage to spit any answer out of me whatsoever he turns to my friend and handovers a detailed instruction and rules of courtship to him.
The situation is more than awkward. He does nothing but nodding.

You can't simply contradict un personaggio cosi'.






Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz