wtorek, 4 września 2012

reminiscence

Today I woke up quite late and went for a stroll around the pond afterwards. I remember checking the place, I have been living for a year now on the map, with my father, before coming to Iceland. We were marvelling at the surroundings, how beautiful and close to the city center it was located. Watching the ducks and people feeding them with crumbles, made me recall all of the good moments I had here. Im going to miss this country, where everything goes quite smoothly and people live in the present. I will miss that safeness, roaming carelessly at night without fearing of being raped, robbed or murdered. I will miss the coziness of Reykjavik..I will miss my dear friends, because I forged many friendships apparently with people coming from every corner of the world. I will have to start everything from scratch in Poland, because in contrary what people say, a lot of things have altered in my hometown. Many of my comrades have left Poland. Although all of the sentiments I have for Iceland, I also know it´s the right moment to go and explore the world while I´m still (quite) young. By this time next week I will be setting off to the aiport to catch my flight to Copenhagen and then finally Gdansk, the place where Ive started my existence.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz