czwartek, 20 października 2011

I'm an alien I'm a legal alien - I'm a Polish girl in Iceland



I think that they re spoiling me at work. Almost everyday I'm flooded with compliments such as 'Þú ert falleg' or ' þu ert krút' etc. Feels like family sometimes. What about living in a place that you work at? Hmm I must admit it's hard to distinguish when the work starts and when it ends plus it's easy to feel homesick especially at night. To be honest I had never considered myself as a patriot, but when I arrived here i started to appreciate my country more than I could ever imagine that I would. I'm proud to be Polish. No matter what they say about my country I really have reasons to swell with pride ;p Are Polish people discriminated in Iceland? Well where you stand depends on where you sit. Icelandic and Polish people have been co-existing here in Iceland for many many years but the fact is neither Poles nor Icelanders know much about each other's cultures, what is kind of sad. Who is to be blamed for then?Both sides I guess. The funny thing is that we're not cognizant of how much we do have in common.O yes we drink a lot, are both not easy going for the fist time, but well later in time it always turns out we are a great material for friends. Just to be clear in my mind every sign of discrimination, hatred or envy is a result of either ignorance or indifference. If you hate or dislike somebody the real target of your detestation is nobody else but you yourself. Keep it in mind.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz