piątek, 2 marca 2012

Merry-go-round

6 months passed. How do I feel about it? I don't know. Before I came to Iceland I was a slightly different person. It all has changed as soon as I arrived in Reykjavik.  Maybe I should have preserved my "Polish" spirit a way better. Icelandic culture and lifestyle are very difficult to adapt to especially still being enrooted in symbolism charactersitic for Eastern Europe. I come from a country that was wipped off  the world's map for almost 128 years, was repressed and embattled. Following the stereotypes which contain a grain of truth. I would say Polish people are unsure, tend to feel guilty at times and very emotional and melancholic. I'm not going to criticise Icelandic lifestyle again because it would be extremely shallow and superficial basing all of the judgements upon gossips and subjective feelings. People never go deeper, they can't be bothered to discover the real nature of things for it's too taxing. I will never judge people again. Who am I to do that?

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz